New analysis from Sandbag shows that even with a strong Market Stability Reserve (MSR), the Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) surplus will stay at about two billion tonnes until 2020. This means the carbon price is unlikely to rise significantly.
- Fixing the Commission’s innovation fixation
- Free allocation needs to incentivise circularity for the EU to reach net zero
- From process to product: a fix to the allocation of free emission permits to industry
- The Net Zero Industry Act: all industry, no net zero
- The European Hydrogen Bank: a recipe for competitive distortion