On 17 March, the European Heads of State met in Brussels, but the outcome of COP21 dropped off their agenda due to a strong opposition to increased 2030 climate ambition coming from lower-income member states. In today’s new briefing Sandbag explains that the post-Paris rise in climate ambition is actually in the interest of the lower-income Central and Eastern European economies after 2020.
- European Scrap Steel Floats Away Under Carbon Market Incentives
- RePowerEU financing plan shows how market makes decarbonisation harder
- Starting from scrap: transition to low-carbon steel can go faster with increased use of second-hand metal
- Starting from scrap : The key role of circular steel in achieving climate goals
- Preventing double counting: Sandbag challenges methodology on green hydrogen (RFNBO).