On 17 March, the European Heads of State met in Brussels, but the outcome of COP21 dropped off their agenda due to a strong opposition to increased 2030 climate ambition coming from lower-income member states. In today’s new briefing Sandbag explains that the post-Paris rise in climate ambition is actually in the interest of the lower-income Central and Eastern European economies after 2020.
- Urgent: CBAM needed to abolish free allocation under the EU ETS
- Feedback on the EU ETS reform
- Impact of EU ETS reform: letting industry loose
- A storm in a teacup: impacts and geopolitical risks of the European Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism
- New study shows limited trade impacts of European Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism