European Commission data published today shows that RWE’s Weisweiler lignite power station has replaced the UK’s Drax power station as Europe’s 5th largest CO2 emitter in 2014. This means for the first time since the EU ETS was set up in 2005, 4 out of 5 of the largest CO2 emitters are German lignite power stations.
- European Scrap Steel Floats Away Under Carbon Market Incentives
- RePowerEU financing plan shows how market makes decarbonisation harder
- Starting from scrap: transition to low-carbon steel can go faster with increased use of second-hand metal
- Starting from scrap : The key role of circular steel in achieving climate goals
- Preventing double counting: Sandbag challenges methodology on green hydrogen (RFNBO).