New analysis from Sandbag shows that even with a strong Market Stability Reserve (MSR), the Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) surplus will stay at about two billion tonnes until 2020. This will mean, contrary to some other analysts predictions, a tonne of carbon pollution in the EU will remain cheaper than a cinema ticket for the foreseeable future.
- Urgent: CBAM needed to abolish free allocation under the EU ETS
- Feedback on the EU ETS reform
- Impact of EU ETS reform: letting industry loose
- A storm in a teacup: impacts and geopolitical risks of the European Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism
- New study shows limited trade impacts of European Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism